Friday 19 November 2010

www.marathonmtb.com

This is my buddy Mike's new website http://www.marathonmtb.com/ It's a comprehensive site with news, tech, interviews etc all geared (as the name would suggest) around Marathon MTBing.

Mike is addicted to MTB Marathon events, only without the slow diesel engine that sometimes accompanies that speciality. He has been known to turn his hand to a bit 'cross and even a bit of crit racing from time to time. Given his propensity for taking off and hitting up several eastern european multi day stage races, he has seen or experienced every physiological side affect of the sport. For me it's like seeing a doctor but with a proper viewpoint of where I'm coming from -whatever you've got, he's either had it, known someone who's had it or seen something worse; never fails to make me feel reassured!


That's Mike behind me in the Mule Bar kit.

Given my current stage of overtrainedness (i'm at the end of my 3rd wk off the bike) I am thoroughly enjoying Mike's blogs on his experiences of this, though unfortunately his solutions generally involve coffee, which I've knocked on the head for a while (killer)...

There's even a pic of me on the most recent entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment