Monday 10 January 2011

National Championships 2011


Dragged my food-baby round the National Champs in Derby yesterday. A not necessarily technical but difficult course seemed to stitch-up a few faster riders who I suddenly found myself overhauling as they sturggled to get to grips with the boggy/slippery conditions.

I used Boom's Terra-X as my spare bike while Team Barnes got stuck in with the jetwash. I am happy to say that I think we've created a real kick-ass bike there. As soon as I was on it, I didn't want to swap back to my Prototype as it is lighter, stiffer and more responsive. It goes up the climbs faster and goes round the corners better as well -what more could you ask for.


In the grand scheme of things it was another anonymous ride but it was better than I was expecting given my season, or lack thereof. I managed to hold-off getting caught until the bell lap and beat a few guys who have been beating me for the last few months. I even finished 2 places up on last year (not that that means anything) and out of 82 starters, 59 finished and I was 42nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment