Thursday, 9 December 2010
Despite all the obvious flaws, I always quite wanted a C5. Gotta say, this doesn't hold quite the same attraction but if at first you don't succeed....
* The X-1 electric vehicle can drive 10 miles for just £0.10p (based on an average weight passenger using pedal assistance)
* It requires no fuel, just a lightweight rechargeable battery pack (24v Lithium Polymer pack supplied, secondary pack available as an option at extra cost of £50)
* A super efficient MCR pancake motor is linked to rear wheel by fixed gear drive chain (motor rated at 190 watts, wheel size: 16") -similar to the motor that powers a floppy disc-drive.
* Front and rear disc brakes provide 100% stopping power
* Adjustable suede covered handlebars to suit any position
* Waterproof Acrylic bubble protects driver and includes integral roll cage frame bonded to monocoque chassis
* Reclining nylon seat - highly comfortable on long or short journeys.
* Superlight construction using carbon fibre lower shell and steel chassis (weight: 30 kilos)
* Requires no driving license, insurance or road tax to be road legal (insurance recommended, subject to territory)
* Strong visibility to other road users such as cars and lorries (built in front and rear lights aid visibility)
* Can be driven in UK by anyone over age of 14 (including on cycle paths)
* X-1 dimensions: 209x140x69cm
* From RSP £595
* If you live in UK and work in the UK you may qualify to purchase the X-1 with a price reduction of up to 50% via Government run, cycle to work scheme