Friday 23 July 2010

Rollapaluza Urban Hill Climb

Image by John Mullineaux of www.londoncyclesport.com

Details finalised 1 week prior to the event. Entries sold out on the day of release. First ever closed-road, official Hill Climb comp on Swains Ln in North London, as featured in Simon Warren's book 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs

I called 15yr old Germain Burton (son of Maurice)as my tip for the win but he was beaten by 1 sec in the end, having smashed out a time of 1min 33secs. Watch that one, a name for the future!

Despite my appearance, I really don't go up hills very well. I managed to stay under the 2min mark with 1:57. Not sure where that puts me overall but I don't think i embarrased myself. Rode the deep-sections with Conti Comp tubs. People struglled with wheelspin on the steeper parts as it was wet and greasy but i let some pressure out as I was beiung held on the start line and traction was no problem. Just acceleration.

Andy Waterman rode, resplendant in soggy denim shorts, then took some shots just as riders got to the steep bit.

So did Big Steev

Boom Boom Beaumont won the Women's race

1 comment:

  1. report, results, pics on the event website: http://www.urbanhillclimb.com

    ReplyDelete