Thursday 8 July 2010

Condor for Mavic

Using the Condor Baracchi I was given (an almost) free reign to create a design that celebrated Mavic at Le Tour and the famous Services Des Courses spare bikes.




My initial designs looked very commercial, then i hit on the idea of encorporating a nod to the panelling that the brand has famously used on its' bikes since '58.

I had to do the black pin-stripe in-house at this end, by hand.




It's a bit of a radical departure for the brand but hopefully, while being a more contemporary design, still in keeping with the the Condor ethos.

I'd welcome feedback on it as that will probably have some influence over the direction of future designs.



2 comments:

  1. Loving your work. Need to pop round and take a look at it in the flesh. ACtually I could do with a Baracchi for the Etape.

    ReplyDelete